Advantages of Smoothies: Which Juicers Are Best for Smoothies?
A vitamin-packed, flavored smoothie is an excellent way to start your day or works just fine for the afternoon refreshment. Non-cooks like smoothies because of their variety would take minimal preparation, and easy clean-up. Though there is actually no wrong way to prepare a smoothie, still, many recipes call for juicing initially and afterward blending the juice in a mixer with other ingredients. So, in this article, we are going to talk about three healthy smoothies, which are good for elderly people. Let’s move forward and read out the article.
What are the health advantages of smoothies?
You may already know that eating high-fiber food is considered great for your health, as it is the simplest and least costly way to avoid illness. Fiber helps your body to get rid of waste materials and toxins which is why smoothies are considered as one of the finest drinks. In that case, the health advantages of smoothies include the following:
- Improved digestion and disposal: High-fiber foods are really important part of your healthy and balanced diet. It helps your body to eliminate wastes and toxins on daily basis. Besides that, it also prevents diabetes, some cancers, and heart disease.
- Helps to burn fat: You may just become surprised to hear that, but yes smoothies are a really good way to burn fat. If you are smart enough to choose your ingredients you won’t even have to use them as food replacements. To get the most of your weight loss potential from smoothies, make sure to introduce lots of foods which contains rich protein so that it can fill you up.
- A nutritious replacement for drinks and snacks: Smoothies contain very high-fiber, which is indeed a slow-digesting ingredient. The fibers of seeds, nuts, or yogurt remain with you longer and content you more than soda, coffee, or other beverages.
- Meal substitute: The delicious creamy and thick smoothie are full of healthy fiber, fats, and proteins. However, if you include tiny amounts of protein or some grain to a fresh leafy vegetable smoothie, you can prepare a drink which will work as a substantial snack replacement.
Which juicers are best for making smoothies?
Now that you know that smoothies have several health advantages, you should know about the best juicers for making smoothies. On a side note, juicers can remove most the pulp from fruits and vegetables and this is why you should buy a juicer to make smoothies. Besides, if you are going to make smoothies, you will need a fast blender or a fast juicer with a speed of at least 10,000 RPMs. So, here are some of the best juicers for making smoothies, which are available on the market.
- Hamilton Beach Personal Blender with Travel Lid
- BELLA 12-Piece Rocket Blender
- Ninja Master Prep
- Conair Cuisinart CPB-300 Portable Blender/Chopper System
- Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender
- Oster Reverse Crush Counterforms Blender
Three (3) best Healthy Smoothies for Elderly
The below recipes are immaculate because they only use three ingredients each. They use green vegetables and frozen fruits so you won’t be needed any extra pieces of ice. However, if you are not content to buy the icy stuff from the market, you can always freeze your own herbs and fruits in your home. In addition to that, if you want to impress your guests, then you can freeze the coconut milk and almond milk as well.
- Strawberry Swing: The most effective method is through eight icy strawberries, ½ cup unsweetened, chopped coconut, and ½ cup low-fat kefir or plain yogurt into the mixer. Blend until it gets smoothed.
- Green Day: The most effective method: ½ cup icy pineapple, ½ cup low-fat kefir or plain yogurt, ½ cup icy kale, plus ¼ cup water into a mixer. Blend until it gets smoothed.Additional items: Mix just a nip of cayenne pepper to make it tastier.
- Caribbean Queen: Through eight slices of icy mango and ½ cup coconut milk into a mixer. Blend until it gets smoothed. Then, mix one tablespoon chia seeds and blend just a bit more to combine.
It is very often seen that the elderly people have difficulties to bite and swallow foods. In that case, smoothies can be a great solution as it contains a lot of vitamins and other nutrients. Besides, certain smoothies can be exceptionally useful for your elderly parents to be safe from several diseases. So, let us know what you think by commenting below!